Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hope Is Alive!



The Daily Pilot recently ran a real estate story that actually was kind of positive. And they quoted me! Thank you Daily Pilot.
Now, if all I did was read the newspaper articles about what is going on in the "housing market", I swear I would just go jump off a cliff. Remember that negative stories sell newspapers, people. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and RELAX. Remember what goes up, comes down. AND vice versa.

My advice to would be home buyers: if you see something you like now, grab it. Just ask my sister, she found something perfect for her family and they bought. In a horrible market, no less. And they are thrilled with their purchase. They bought in a down market, the home was great, they are going to be there for a while and have no problem riding out the market.
BECAUSE THEY FOUND SOMETHING THAT THEY LOVED AND THEY WERE SICK OF LIVING IN LAME RENTALS. AND EVEN IN A ROUGH MARKET, THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED "QUALITY OF LIFE".
Homeownership is a lot more than what you read in the papers. it is your HOME, meaning the place where you spend your holidays, cook your dinners and raise your kids.
There, I said it. Enough of the rant, go out and buy the home of your dreams. Now is a good time, tons of deals too.
:)

No comments: