Thursday, November 26, 2009

Joe Nye On The "350 Day Rule"


There is a great interview with Joe Nye on Balustrade and Bitters.
He has this thing called the "350 day rule" on how to decorate your home, which could really be applied to how you live your life.
I swear, I've repeated it to SO many people. It makes so much sense!

Says Joe Nye on home decorating:
"Do your house based upon the 350 day rule. How do you really live 350 days of the year? What do you really do?
I live in a very small condominium in Beverly Hills. I bought it small be
cause I don't have a lot of dinner parties, I don't have a lot of cocktail parties. I do entertain, but generally have drinks and then we go out for dinner. I used to be a big entertainer. My partner and I used to have parties for 50, 60 people all the time. My life has changed. I don't do that anymore. So I bought this really small apartment.
And people said, "Where are you gonna put y
our guests?" Up at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, which is exactly one block and a half down the street, or the Beverly Hilton Because I don't have guests. So why pay for a guest room?
"Don't you want a home office?" No, I don't. When I come home, I don't want to be working all night long. I'll use my laptop in my kitchen, I'll answer some emails and that's about it.

So in other words, for the occasions like
Christmas and Thanksgiving and guests and those 14 days of the year that are an aberration to the way you really live, focus on the 350, don't worry about the 14."

Love that!
Read whole interview HERE

No comments: