Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Great Quote On Putting Yourself In Uncomfortable Situations

I saw this in an LAT article on the CEO of Deusch LA:

"I do a lot of speeches now, and I always start by saying, 'I will tell you the secret to life.

Every day you wake up, brush your teeth, drive to work, work your butt off, come home, watch TV and go to bed.

On weekends, you party and then start the week all over again.

The key is to inject out-of-the-ordinary experiences into that backdrop. Go someplace with people you hardly know. That's the secret to life: Inject life with these new experiences. Scare yourself a little.'"

That's how he met Deutsch. "I went to this advertising breakfast-dorkfest that I really didn't want to go to, but I met this person who would later tell me to meet Donny.

Every time I do something that I really don't want to do, it turns out to be a memorable experience."


Love that!

No comments: